- Nurture Christian character
- Empower students to serve
- Show the love of Jesus
- Teach students to think
- Serving: "Inasmuch as you have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, you have done it unto me." Matthew 25:40
- Outstanding: "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart." Colossians 3:23
- Achieving: "Run (your race) in such a way that you may seize the prize and make it yours." 1 Corinthians 9:24
- Respecting: "Love one another as brothers and sisters, and be kind and humble with one another." 1 Peter 3:8
- Financial growth: Strong constituent support for another 100 years.
- Opportunities and operations: A school culture and environment that is safe, inclusive, progressive, and holistic. Programs and facility allow students to pursue a wide variety of post-secondary tracks.
- Community connections: A positive relationship with the Adventist, local, and global communities. Exceptional parent and student satisfaction.
- Unparalleled Christian education: Daily opportunities to develop a clear, deep relationship with Jesus. Fully accredited classes that blend both Christian content and BC curricular content.
- Service mindset: Service activities that reach the Adventist, local, and greater communities in a meaningful way.
- Discovering Purpose, Shaping Character
The Okanagan Christian School is operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church to provide a spiritually oriented education for children. A belief in the existence of the Creator God is fundamental in the philosophy of Seventh-day Adventist schools. We respect His divine authority and recognize His intervention in human affairs. We believe that true education develops the spiritual, mental, and physical powers of each student; preparing them for the joy of service in this life and for the higher joy of service in the life to come. To achieve this goal, we encourage each student to:
- Develop a personal relationship with God and his fellow men as stated in Matthew 2:37-39
- Master the basic academic skills
- Value labor, physical and mental, as the blessing God intended
- Cultivate physical fitness, mental ability, and moral purity as the blessing God intended.
The Okanagan Christian School is operated in harmony with the guidance and direction of the Office of Education, North American Division of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Okanagan Christian School has been connected to the Okanagan community since 1917. We were the first full K-12 Adventist school in BC. Our constituents serve the community through the Seventh-day Adventist Church in the Kelowna area. We have always strived to offer a high quality Christian education that challenges students both academically and spiritually. We also believe in treating people out of love the way Christ treated others and served in his community.
A Message From The Principal
As I enter my eighth year at OCS, fourth as principal, I can't help but get excited for how God is working in the Okanagan. I get to watch lives being transformed and hearts opened to Jesus on a daily basis. I see the Adventist community band together to support the school and help us thrive. I see children being nurtured by loving and caring staff. I even get to see families with diverse backgrounds, cultures, and beliefs unite under the banner of Christian education.
Adventist education has something special to offer. As a school, we are preparing students for this life (service and careers) and for eternity with Jesus (His second coming). I support OCS because of this holistic approach to education that deeply cares about the academic, spiritual, physical, and emotional development of students. Just as I want my children to be raised in an environment where home, school, and church align in their vision and mission to love like Jesus, I want the same experience for all my students. OCS is a place that I am proud to say is providing an excellent academic program while also trying to love God with all our heart and love our neighbour as ourself.